|  ||Skipton Castle|
Skipton castle is in the town of Skipton in Yorkshire.
It was first made out of wood in the year 1090 to protect people from attackers from Scotland, but was later re-built out of stronger stone.
Six towers join its walls together.
Lady Anne Clifford planted a yew tree inside the courtyard in 1659 to mark the castle’s repair from its damage in the Civil War.